Not a lot to report as the primary focus of the last two days has been our declutter project. But I must say that it surprises me how the littlest of changes can make the biggest difference. Case in point is this picture.
For the past six-plus years, there has been another picture in this spot that just wasn’t doing it for me. And I have been wanting to swap it out for a LONG time. So, back around Christmas-time, we found this picture at Cost Plus. The only problem was that we brought it home and set it aside – never getting around to hanging it up.
Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago when I was having a declutter appointment with our “sheriff”. She inquired about the picture and gave strict homework orders that it needed to be hung up before she came back. Well, Saturday morning, Curt finally got out the hardware and hung it up for me while I was in the shower. He insisted that I come check it out right away. And boy was I glad I did. I can’t even begin to tell you how much it changed the ambiance of the room – making the room more calm, homey, serene even. I LOVED it. It’s a shame we didn’t make the switch sooner.
We’re pretty close to having our garage decluttered and organized. We have a big pile of stuff, right smack dab in the middle of it – all waiting for a garage sale that we intend to have in a couple of weeks. I can’t wait. My car would very much like to reclaim it’s spot in the garage.
The “Sheriff” came back yesterday for round two (or I suppose we’re actually up to round 4 or 5 at this point) to work on creating a craft area for Miss B. I desperately needed to reclaim our dining table. It was also a great opportunity for us to weed through/out some of Miss B’s toys. It will be interesting to see what Miss B thinks when she gets back later today.
Outside of working on the declutter project, I got some cooking done too. First up was my yummy crab cakes.
I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, but you get the idea. And after the crab cakes, I found my pine nuts and made the wheat berry salad that I mentioned in this post. I ended up modifying the recipe a little – only cooked a half batch of wheat berries and added additional feta cheese and some tomatoes. It turned out pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. Now, the “sheriff” and I ate it while it was still warm. I’ll be curious to see how it tastes cold.
So, that’s the gist of the past two days. Today’s my last day of stay-cation. There is a part of me that wished I had taken more time off. I can’t say that I feel revived/rejuvenated. And there are still so many things that I wanted to get done that I didn’t get to. But alas, it isn’t in the cards. My brain is already starting to flip into work mode as I think about the things that I need to do when I get in the office tomorrow. Kind of a shame. But with that said – I am going to try and spend some time being crafty today. Have a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment