Finally! It is almost here. I only have to get through one more work day before I start my personal stay-cation. Not that I’m looking forward to it or anything. Ha. A whole week of “me” time – or at least during the day while Miss B is at school and Curt is at work. Ever since I scheduled my stay-cation, my mind has been full of different ideas of things I want to do. On the one hand, I would love to do them all. But on the other, I need to not pressure myself to do them all. If that makes any sense. I need to give myself permission to just be. Just relax. Do nothing, even. The past 6-8 weeks have been extremely stressful and I need to regroup.
So… what is on my list of possible “tasks”? (Clearly, I’m still in work mode to be using that word.) First up, without a doubt – going to the Dahlia Cafe for one of these breakfast sandwiches.
This article was in our Sunday paper last weekend. I’m a big breakfast sandwich lover, so this has been on my mind ALL week. And I definitely need to take a trip to Portland to try the sandwiches at the Bakery Bar. Although that will probably have to wait until we can go as a family.
Other things on my list:
- My Project 365 – I am seriously behind on this and need to catch up.
- Baby Album gifts for two of Miss B’s teachers.
- End of year teacher gifts.
- Get a massage.
- Treat myself to a mani/pedi-cure.
- Work on Project Declutter.
- Scrapbooking – both digitally and traditionally.
- Figure out my new Wii “Walk it Out” game.
- Gasp – maybe even actually go to the gym (or at least out for a walk each day).
- Cooking Projects – like Bleu Cheese/Carmelized Onion scones.
- Trip to the zoo to practice my photography skills.
Hmm…. writing it out like that makes me realize that I may be trying to bite off more than I can chew. But we’ll see. If you add in the Memorial Day weekend, I’ve got 10 days ahead of me to tackle my “list”. I am trying to refrain from scheduling it out and just winging it - but that is hard for a girl like me. Anyways, I’ll post updates along the way. Have a great Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment