Day 4 of my stay-cation went in a totally different direction than I had set out. One of the “problems” of still having to do our morning routine, is that stores, etc. are not yet open when I drop Miss B off at school. So rather than stay out and about, I have to come home and wait for the rest of the world to get moving. And that is where all of the best laid out plans can get thrown out the window.
Yesterday, I mentioned that I wasn’t going to do any “house-wife” stuff on my stay-cation. Well, I caved on that one and decided to throw a load of laundry in while I waited for time to go by. It ended up being an all-day thing, as laundry usually is. I got 5 loads washed and dried - 4 of which are folded and put away. I also mentioned that I was going to spend some time in the kitchen cooking. Yeah – that didn’t happen. As a matter of fact, I didn’t cook a darn thing yesterday. Not even dinner.
Although my day seemed somewhat domesticated, I did get some personal “me” time in. I went out shopping for a couple of hours. I didn’t find much that floated my boat, but I did get myself a couple of new night shirts. I was in desperate need. I don’t know about everyone else, but something as simple as that seems like the easiest thing to put off. So, it felt good to treat myself. And given that I was already doing laundry, it was easy to thrown them in so that I would have new, comfy jammies for bed last night.
When I got back from shopping, I spent some time working on the baby album I mentioned earlier this week. Specifically, coloring some images with my COPICs that I plan to use as embellishments. Although I love how my “embellishments” turned out, I realized that I need to spend A LOT more time practicing with my COPICs. I want to be able to shade and add dimension to my images, rather than just coloring them flat.
The other/last thing I did with my day was work on Project Declutter. We have an “appointment” with our personal organizer this weekend and we’ve got a lot of homework to work on before then. One assignment that I have is the daunting task of going through my clothes and shoes. I’ve known that I would work on this task this week, but had not yet started. Well, last night I finally started tackling it and spent two hours weeding out and reorganizing things. In some respects, it was like going shopping because I found my capris (which will be perfect if the sun comes back) and a couple pairs of missing slacks. It will be like having new clothes to wear when I go back to work next week.
All in all, not too shabby of a day. As for today, I’m not really sure what I am going to do. I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a truck. It could just be allergies – that white fuzzy stuff has been floating around in the air for days. And decluttering always seems to stir up the dust. Or I suppose it could be a cold. Which would suck. Who wants to get sick while they are on vacation? I guess I’ll take it easy and see if this rain helps clear the air. It is definitely a dreary day and staying home and hunkered down just seems fitting. Until tomorrow…..
No comments:
Post a Comment