Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Stay-cation: Day 3

Even though I’m on stay-cation, I still have to get up as if it is a work day and do our normal morning routine. Although, I did sleep in until all of 5:30am. I started the day with a little haircut remorse. It is a lot shorter than it had been and was especially noticeable in the shower when I went to wash my hair. Thankfully, I was able to style it and have it turn out decent. So my remorse only lasted a couple of hours.

After I got back from dropping Miss B off at school, I put on my cooking shoes and made these.

003

They may not look like much. And to be honest, I wasn’t so sure when I took my first bite. But once I got over my first misguided expectations, they were actually quite good. And even somewhat addicting. So, what are they, you ask? Bleu Cheese and Onion Scones. I got the recipe from this book (one of my Mother’s Day presents) – from the section on Graham Flour.

Good to the Grain

After the scones, I had every intention to make a Wheat Berry Salad from this cookbook.

Super Natural Cooking

But I couldn’t find my pine nuts and didn’t feel like cleaning out the pantry. After all, I am on stay-cation. And I have vowed that I am not doing any housewife stuff on my stay-cation. My stay-cation is about me and doing things for me. Selfish? Maybe. But whatever.

Since my cooking ventures came to a screeching halt, I headed up to my office/craft room and spent some time organizing my stamps. I got some new CTMH stamps last week and needed to get them logged in my database. I then started working on one of the baby albums that I need to make. I don’t have pictures yet, but I do think it is turning out cute (if I do say so myself). So stay tuned because I will have pictures before the week is over.

And lastly, I put my cooking shoes back on for dinner. Where I tried out a recipe from Food Network Magazine’s “Copy That” section. This month’s recipe was for PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps.

001

It’s been awhile (maybe even a year or more) since I’ve been to PF Chang’s. Which made it hard to compare against the real thing. Plus I served ours up over brown rice – no lettuce and no cellophane noodles. Regardless, our overall opinion was that this recipe is a keeper. And next time, I will make up the cellophane noodles because they will give the dish that extra pop.

So, that was Day 3. I’m still on the fence about what I want to do today. More than likely, I will stick around the house and work on crafties. I also want to cook up a batch of chicken tortilla soup and some of my yummy crab cakes. Have a great day!

No comments: