Wow - I was doing so well in keeping up on my posting. Not really sure what happened to this week. The last three nights seem like such a blur. I did manage to eek in a couple of pictures each day - although they are all still in the camera, and I didn't write anything down about those days. Needless to say, catching up on my Project 365 in at the top of my list of things to tackle today. So, what have I been up to?
Wednesday night was girls night. Miss B wanted to go to Red Robin (one of her favorites) for dinner and for "girl time" as she called it. Afterwards we ran a couple of errands - Staples, Target, etc. And then by the time we got home, it was time to do her daily reading and get ready for bed.
Thursday night, I had a team dinner to attend. We went to Maggiano's. Given our love for food and going out, I think it kind of funny that I have never been. It was a great time. There were about 12 of us and they put us at this big square table set off in its own room (with curtains to close us off from the rest of the restaurant even). Rather than everyone ordering separately from the menu, we had a family style dinner. Which was fabulous. Appetizers included calamari, tomato caprese, spinach & artichoke dip, and a veggie salad. For the main course, we had Chicken Marsala, Spaghetti w/meatballs, Eggplant Parmesan, and Four Cheese Ravioli. And then for dessert, we had tiramisu and a big fruit platter. Now, I am not usually a tiramisu fan (since I don't drink coffee) - but I have to say that this tiramisu was pretty darn good. It inspired me to want to try and make it myself one of these days.
And lastly - yesterday/last night. It was Curt's birthday. Normally, I would have taken him out for a nice dinner. But he had to work. Which meant another girls night for Miss B and me. I picked her up from school early, so that we could run a few errands (including going to Target again because I forgot quite a few things the other night). And by the time we got home and ate dinner, it was time for Miss B's daily reading and getting ready for bed. I was pooped myself and didn't stay up much later than her.
So, here it is Saturday morning and I've got a long list of things to get done today. I'm looking forward to checking things off and regaining some feeling of peace. And hopefully, my mojo doesn't elude me when I try to get a little bit crafty. Have a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment