Saturday, January 2, 2010

Chocolate Fondue

As I work to get in the groove of documenting the everyday of our life, I'll get an idea of what I want the day's picture to be - only to end up in a completely different direction. Today, for example. I had every intention of taking pictures at a lunch I was having with some CTMH sisters. It was the perfect opportunity - gals getting together to enjoy each other's company and to get a little crafty. One problem. I didn't actually take out my camera while I was there. I brought it and it was in my bag - but, it just didn't feel right. So, on the way home, I came up with plan B. Take pictures of the cards we made and journal about the lunch. Seemed simple enough.

However, after I got home, I decided to go out for a walk (and to get my chai latte). And when I got back from that, I jumped into trying something new with my chicken enchilada recipe. I even took pictures of the process, thinking that I would share the recipe if it turned out good. (It is still in the oven cooking, so I'll have to report back on that later.) After getting the "enchiladas" into the oven, I decided to whip up a quick chocolate fondue - I need to practice for the chocolate party I'm having next weekend. And who would have thought that it would be the inspiration for today's picture.



Here's what I whipped up. Talk about quick and easy - it took me less than 5 minutes. And what a great family moment it created. Miss B was the first to spy what I was doing and had to taste one of everything. She got a little chocolatey in the process, but the memory it created was well worth it. I think we'll have to pull this little gem of a dessert out again, and again, and again.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

It looks so yummy.