Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Staycation2: Wrap Up

My stay-cation is winding down – if not even over already, because my mind has already started to swtich over to work mode. And don’t even get me started about the fact that Miss B is supposed to start 1st grade next week. We are still waiting on a decision about an out-of-district transfer and don’t yet know where she will be going to school.

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay-cation this time around. I feel like I got something accomplished (that was personally rewarding) just about every day. And I thought very little about work. I even got to a point where I kind of enjoyed being a “stay-at-home” mom. And for those of you who have known me for any length of time, know that that is saying something. I never thought I would see the day where I would feel that way. Unfortunately, we do like/need my almighty paycheck a little too much and it just wouldn’t be a wise move to give up my health insurance. But it was fun while it lasted and it gives me some food for thought about where I want to go from here.

As for the last days of stay-cation, I do need to put together a couple of layouts. I believe my last entry was about Saturday’s doings. Sunday was devoted to a birthday party for Miss B. We rented a picnic shelter at a local park (where they had a splash pad) and the invite list included family and Miss B’s friends.

I was a little worried when I got up Sunday morning and saw that it had rained overnight. And more rain was in the forecast. One wouldn’t think you would have to worry about rain in August. Thankfully, the weather held off – and in fact, actually got sunny for a little while. Curt and I spent the morning getting everything prepped for the party. We tried to keep everything low key by serving up a menu of sandwiches, chips, veggies, and fruit salad. And then cupcakes (both vanilla and chocolate) for the birthday girl. Overall, it was a long day – but the party was a huge hit.

Yesterday, about the only thing I did was work on a written tutorial for Tiffany at OTS. I’m not sure what her plans are for it, so I’ll refrain from going into any more detail until a later date. Other than that, I was just in a pissy mood (because of the whole school situation) and not up for doing much of anything.

Today – we still haven’t heard anything from the school other than that the teachers are on the grounds and meeting with the principal. We are trying to stay positive and hope for the best. I had a chat with Miss B this morning about starting school next week, and she said she would be fine if we end up having to go to a completely new school and daycare. And as a matter of fact, that was her preference. So sweet and sensitive, she is. But we are going to stick with our original plan until further notice.

So that wraps up my stay-cation. Thank you to everyone for all the positive comments about me blogging my days off. I highly encourage taking some stay-cation time. It is so easy to take time off and spend it doing household stuff or running around for others – and then still not getting that “me” time that we all need. Have a good Tuesday!

No comments: