Friday, August 20, 2010

Stay-cation2: Day 7

Well, a full week is in the books and I can say that I feel like I have had a productive week. And even though there were some things that I didn’t get around to doing, I do feel like I got a little something accomplished each and every day. And the beauty of it all is that my stay-cation is not yet over. I’ve still got 4 more days.

As for today, my primary focus was finishing my stamp club swap project. Normally, we all just make cards for each other. But this go around, I wanted to do something different. My inspiration/lift came from a Friday Favorite I called out 2 months ago (Annette’s altered frame posted HERE).

And here is my completed frame.

013

Not quite as nicely embellished as Annette’s, but I was pretty pleased with how they came out. I love the colors and the owl. He takes a little bit of piecing, but so worth it in my opinion. And they were a big hit at stamp club tonight.

Credits (all Stampin Up unless noted): Greenhouse Gala designer paper, Early Espresso cardstock, Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, Pumpkin Pie ink, Owl and Scalloped Square punches, $1 frame (Michaels), Espresso acrylic paint (CraftSmart), Jumbo Java chalk ink (VersaMagic), and Luscious Lime Smooch accent ink.

No comments: