1. This has got to be one of the most convuluted stretches of roadway you could come across. You have multiple points of merging traffic from the right, along with a freeway on-ramp on the left. The freeway on-ramp is probably the main point of this stretch of road. And add to that complexity, that there is some road construction going on and thus one lane is blocked off.
2. I would suspect that most people who drive this road, drive it reguarly and use it to either get on the freeway or to avoid the freeway.
3. The speed limit is 30 mph and with all of the merging traffic during rush hour, I really don't see how you can go faster than that anyways.
So that leads me to my perplexing questions. Just how many and how fast are people going through here that it requires a daily speed trap? And are people really that oblivious? I mean, come on - the motorcycle cop IS going to be there EVERY morning. This morning, there were 2 motorcycle cops and they had 3 cars pulled over all at once. Did I mention the road construction that is going on through here? There isn't even room for all of them to be pulled completely off of the road. Now for arguments sake, I will say that if the light is green at the last intersection before the speed trap, I can see how you might be going faster than 30mph (the speed limit on the hill coming down is 40mph). But if you know that there is going to be a motorcycle cop at the bottom just waiting to clock your speed, wouldn't you slow down? It is all very bizarre. And what a crappy way to start your Monday morning.
1 comment:
That is odd. You figure either there must be drivers new to the area each and every morning or some people are just oblivious or they are the ones who think it will never happen to me.
Post a Comment