My "Beautiful Evidence" book arrived on Friday. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Although there are a few things that I will do differently next time. First, and probably most importantly - be sure to edit my pictures. Over the past two weekends, I've spent a great deal of time cropping and editing my 2009 pictures. In hindsight, and by looking at how the pictures turned out in the album, I realized that I didn't do that with the photos I used for BE. The other lesson learned is I need to "stretch" the paper for my spine. I ended up with a strip both on the front and back that got left blank. Thankfully, because of the papers I chose, it isn't too obvious this go round. But it probably would have been noticeable had I gone with original darker papers.
As I mentioned, I have been cropping and editing pictures galore - probably going through at least 1,000 pictures. I just got done submitting my print order. I pared all of those pictures down to a print order of about 360. Probably still too many, but I feel good that I pared it down to a third. I'm going to an all-day crop in a few weeks and would love to make a serious dent in getting these scrapped. My next step is to map out my plan of attack - papers, sketches, embellishments, and journaling. With roughly three weeks to put it all together, I should be in pretty good shape by the time crop day gets here. It feels so good to be somewhat organized and have a plan.
Not much else to report. I had hoped to be crafty yesterday. But I've caught some type of crud and just wasn't up for it. Maybe today. But we'll see. Have a great Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment