Wednesday, October 27, 2010

New Beginnings

Over the past 3 months or so, I’ve posted a few times about a personal situation that was causing me angst (and that is probably putting it mildly). I won’t go into the sordid details because frankly, there is no point is dwelling on the events that took place. They say everything happens for a reason. Now granted, I kind of wish things hadn’t happened quite like they did. But I did learn the value and importance of treating people with respect and care as you go through life. It is that very respect and care that proved invaluable in keeping me “afloat” when I might have felt like throwing in the towel and saying “screw it”. And it is that respect and care that opened up doors and opportunities that I might not have known about or seen.

With all of that said, I am excited to share that I will be starting a new venture in my career. Still working for the same company – doing the same type of work. But starting fresh in a new group (working for a woman who I’ve had the utmost respect for for many years) and getting to work with an aspect of the business that I think sounds fascinating. I’ve been giddy for weeks thinking about this possibility and was just beaming yesterday after I received the job offer. I don’t think I have ever been so excited about starting a new job and I am looking forward to seeing where this new path takes me.

So enough of my ramblings. Between this work stuff and being sick for the past week, it goes without saying that I haven’t been very crafty. But I still have a few layouts from the retreat to share. Here is a 2-page layout from a trip to Whistler we took last summer.

016018019

Credits: CTMH Back Country Level 2 paper kit, CTMH Flip Flaps and Cricut Don Juan font.

And one last thing - Owl Tree Studio is having a open-ended blog hop this week. We'd love to have you join us. So head on over to the OTS blog (click HERE) to add your blog to the hop.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations on the new job! I didn't know you had a cricut. I'm a cricut girl too!

Tiffany said...

Congratulations on the new job! That is so exciting and sounds like a seriously welcome change.

Kari George said...

Congrats Charlene with your new job opportunity! I'm so very excited for you! It's amazing how the saying of 'what comes around goes around' really holds true in life, doesn't it! Good for you for being the noble one and showing the respect you personally deserve! Best of luck to you!