Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Busy Week

It's another busy work week, so not much time in the evening to do anything crafty or to cook anything interesting and new. So I thought I would share my attempt at the homemade oreo cookies that I mentioned here. I made these cookies Sunday night after I got back from Croissant class. Overall, a pretty simple recipe to put together. After you roll the dough into small balls, you are supposed to flatten them out. I chose to use the fork method - similar to how I flatten peanut butter cookies. (Mmmm.... I haven't made peanut butter cookies in I don't know long. Maybe I should add them to my list.)

Anyways, here are my cookies after baking, but before making them into sandwiches.



And here they are with the frosting in them.



Overall, my verdict is still out. I wouldn't say they taste exactly like an oreo cookie. They are pretty good though and I will definitely make them again sometime. So as not to keep them around and eat them all myself, I did take them into the office to share with my colleagues. Who all gave the cookies rave reviews - some even said they were way better than an oreo. And I managed to "unload" most of the batch. Take the recipe for a whirl. Here is a link for ease of reference. And I'd love to hear what you think of them. Have a good day!

No comments: