Howdy ho! I thought I would drop into the old blog today to share some Studio J work I’ve been doing. As I’ve mentioned in the past, I really struggle with whether I want to be a traditional scrapper or a digital scrapper. I love the ease of digital scrapping – easier to try things out and scrap what you don’t like. Not to mention it is quicker and a more efficient use of my time. But I really do love the tactical aspect of traditional scrapping – being able to touch and feel my supplies. And it seems like a greater sense of accomplishment when I’m done.
Well, I think I’ve pretty much decided that, for the most part, I want to stick with traditional scrapbooking and then throw in digital layouts here and there. And I’ll definitely continue to be a digital scrapper for things like Project 365. So with that in mind, I need to be plan-ful of the dedicated time that I do set aside for scrapbooking. Over the years, I’ve learned that I am most successful in getting things done when I have my layouts planned out. And that is where Studio J comes in. Studio J allows me to play around with layout formats, paper selections, embellishments, etc. without having to fully commit to cutting a single piece of paper. It is beautiful!
Now, I’ve got an all-day crop coming up in a few weeks. And I would love to get our Whistler trip from Summer 2009 completed. A pretty daunting task considering that I took close to 500 pictures that trip. But let me share with you what I have so far because I’m pretty excited about how this is coming together.
These are all in differing stages of completion – the most important things I want out of the plans are picture placement and paper selection. But it gives me a great jump start on how I want the finished layout to look. And the best part is that it isn’t taking me that much time. Maybe 15-30 minutes per two page layout.
I’m hoping to get the whole trip planned out within the next few days or so. And then I can focus on making up page kits and ensuring I have all of the supplies I need. I can’t even tell you how much I’m looking forward to my crop day and powering through this all. I’ll be sure to come back and post pictures of the finished layouts for comparison purposes. Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment