Saturday, March 5, 2011

Project 365–Week 9

Well, can you believe it is March already? This year seems to be flying by. Which I guess is what happens when life is busy. As much as I tell myself that I want to have more crafty time, it just doesn’t seem to pan out. Which I suppose is both good and bad. Good for Curt and Miss B because that means I’m spending my “free” time with them. But “bad” for me because I’m not taking the time to do something that I enjoy. Curt even said something the other night about how I haven’t been getting crafty lately. To which my response was that the only time I really get anything done is if I go away to an event (like a crop or retreat). He chuckled a little bit because we realized that it was true. So, we need to continue working on finding the right balance so that each one of us gets time to do something we enjoy.

Thankfully, I have still been able to keep up with my Project 365 – just having finished up Week 9.

Charlene-Week9

I know I say this every week, but the Project 365 templates (collab by Joey-Lynn Designs and Wild Blueberry Ink) are totally saving me and keeping me on track. If I had to create my layouts from scratch every week, I can guarantee you that I would have thrown in the towel already. I love how I just need to drop in a picture and a couple of sentences everyday. And there is such a feeling of accomplishment at the end of every week.

I’m also excited about a new 365 site launched by Katrina Kennedy. This site is such a great idea – focusing on helping us with 365, whether it be inspiration, motivation, photography suggestions, or journaling. I woke up this morning to an email asking me if I had taken my photo for the day. And if I hadn’t, the email suggested capturing a “sign of spring”. I love having this little tidbit first thing in the morning to help me think about possible photos for the day. Much better to get me thinking about it in the morning than to be scrambling at the end of the day to come up with something. So, if you are working on a 365/52/12 project – head on over to Katrina’s new site and check it out.

Well, off to get moving. Miss B starts up swimming lessons again this morning and I don’t think it would be good to be late on the first day. And maybe we’ll head out to the park of something since it looks like we might get a little sunshine today. Have a great day!

No comments: