One of my peers at work is expecting twins and we were going to have a baby shower for her this week. Instead of contributing to a group gift, I piped up and said that I wanted to make a diaper cake. Most everyone thought that meant I was making a real cake – in the shape of a diaper – which in turn gave me a few raised eyebrows, if you can imagine. Luckily, I was able to quickly Bing up a picture to show what I was talking about.
It was surprisingly easy to put together – the most tedious task being tying up 100+ little newborn diapers. But I absolutely love how it all came together.
As I first mentioned, we were going to have the baby shower this week. Unfortunately, the babies had a plan of their own and handed their momma some strict bed rest orders. So, hopefully the rest will do the trick and keep those precious babies in the “oven” a little longer. And we’ll postpone the celebration until after they come into the world. In the meantime, I’m going to take the cake into the office in hopes that someone can deliver it. Better to have a few extra diapers on hand because we know the soon-to-be parents are going to have their hands full very soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment