Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Favorites

Hey Everyone – Happy Friday! Hope you all have a great weekend. We don’t have much planned, which is probably a good thing. This week has been challenging to say the least, what with us having to start all new daily routines. And it didn’t help that I chose this week to try and kick my caffeine habit again. So, needless to say, I’m looking forward to a kick-back and relax kind of weekend.

With that said, let’s get to this week’s Favorites.

Annette Green (Annette’s Creative Journey) – Annette recently went away for a girls’ weekend, where she got to spend time with her favorite gal pals and do some scrapbooking. I absolutely love the LAYOUT she shared using CTMH’s new Magnifique papers. Be sure to click on the picture of the layout to get a better view of just how beautiful these two pages are.

Jeanette Lynton (CTMH Founder/Owner) – Every Monday, you can find a “Color Me Monday” post on Jeanette’s blog. The artwork is always beautiful, but more importantly, she shows you how great colors can combine together that you might not ever think of trying. This week she chose Desert Sand, Sky, Pear and Smoothie. This is probably one of my favorite color combinations shown yet. I will definitely be trying my hand at this combo.

Vicki Wiznuik (Wizard’s Hangout) – no surprise that Ms. Vicki is back in the Friday lineup. Check out THIS cute tag/gift card holder that Vicki made. Such a great idea! And not that I’m impartial to the CTMH Magnifique paper or anything.

Lauren Madsen (Utterly Splendid) – a quick shout out to my sister barn owl, Lauren, for her super cute crayon box thank you gift (click HERE). I was very happy to see her get called out as a Spraground Superstar HERE. Hopefully, they’ll go in and fix the post to correctly credit her as Lauren, instead of Laura.

Owl Tree Studio – a shameless plug. But seriously, you have got to check out this month’s release (found HERE). These kits are awesome and so versatile. And be sure to head over to the Gallery to see all of the wonderful layouts that the creative team put together. I’m in awe of what the Hooter Girls have done.

Kelly Hedgespeth (Simply Kelly Designs) – In addition to being one of my sister owls, Kelly is an up and coming digital designer who just released two new kits (see post HERE). I am super excited for this adventure that Kelly is taking on. And I believe you still have until tomorrow to apply to be a part of her creative team (details can be found HERE).

Melissa Bickford (Just Dandy) – check out THESE cute little tags that Melissa made. I think I’m most drawn to the color combination she used and they just seem so cheery.

Becky Roberts (Inking Idaho) – okay, I’m not one who usually starts thinking about Christmas this early in the year. But I love THESE projects that Becky put together using the Holly Jolly designer paper from Stampin Up. I just ordered this paper at stamp club a couple of weeks ago. Aren’t the colors great for Christmas?

Okay, there you have it - a lengthy post today. I had a feeling blogs would start getting busy this week. Hope you enjoy everything as much as I did. Have a great rest of the day/weekend!

2 comments:

Amy said...

It is totally not too early to get started on Christmas! I'd LOVE to have everything as well organized as I did last year going in to December. We always do calendars for grandparents and I want to digiscrap them this year instead of just using templates from big box online sites. And would LOVE to do some homemade sewn gifts too. With all my free time ;)

Kelly said...

Thanks for posting about me in your Friday Favorites! I love to see what you find for us each week! :)