Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dusting Off the Old

Hey everyone! Let me start off by saying that this weather of ours is getting old.

DSCN0284

Enough of the rain already - it’s almost mid-June, for pete’s sake. Anyways, I have some “artwork” to share today. Getting a decent picture of it turned out to be quite the task. I didn’t have time to setup my little light studio, so the pictures really do not do it justice.

Now, for those of you who know me – one might say I have an addiction to tools and gadgets. I haven’t bought everything out there, but I’ve got more than my fair share. And these tools and gadgets DO NOT get put to good use nearly enough. As a matter of fact, I think it is fair to say that some might even sit there for a year or two or three. My Big Shot is a case in point. I bought my Big Shot way back in the day when I first started paper-crafting. I was pretty good about using it back then. But once the Cricut came out, it was all over. Not that I use my Cricut all that much, mind you.

Anyways, I recently took this online class from Andrea Walford. All because of the cupcake card. Isn’t it cute? I didn’t really care about what else she taught – I only cared about learning to make the cupcake. Of course, we had to wait until the very last day of the two week class. But it was well worth it. And the other cards she taught were cute too and I’ll be trying my hand at them once I get a couple of the supplies that I’m missing.

To make this cupcake, it required the big 3D ball pop up die from Sizzix. And it required me to pull out my Big Shot and give it a little bath (the poor thing was covered in dust). This is the coolest project and Curt and Miss B having been chomping at the bit waiting for me to finish. So without further ado, I present to you my cupcake.

DSCN0260

You’ll notice that I didn’t actually make mine into a card. Primarily because I wanted to make the 3D cherry on top. Now that I feel comfortable with putting one of these together, I’ll go back and make another – as a card and with a flat cherry so that the card can close (yes, the cupcake does flatten and pop back into shape).

There you have it. I wish I didn’t have to work today so that I could be at home being crafty. I’ve got some swap cards that I need to finish up before tomorrow night and I still haven’t finished that baby album I started during my stay-cation. Hope you all have a great day!

1 comment:

jodiv said...

Love it. I didn't even know you had a big shot! Have a great weekend. It is suppose to start being sunny!!!