Friday, February 11, 2011

Project 365–Week 6

Well, here we are – about to start Week 7 of Project 365. Can you believe it? 6 weeks done already!

This past week wasn’t easy. Since putting Casper down last week, I just haven’t really been myself, much less in the mood to do much of anything outside our normal daily routine. I suppose you could tell me that P365 IS a part of my normal daily routine. And I suppose you are right. Because after all, I did still manage to take at least ONE picture each day. I just didn’t update my page everyday. Which is a bit on the sad side when I stop to think about it. I mean, it only takes 5 minutes each day (10 max).

So, last night I sat down and got myself all caught up. I played around with a couple of my digital kits to find a “look” that I liked – and that would look okay next to my January design. This is where the beauty of digi-scrapping comes in. Super easy to swap papers in and out to find just the right look. You definitely don’t have as much flexibility with paper scrapping. Anyways, here is what I came up with.

Charlene-Week6

I had really wanted to stick with Isabel Mendez’ Project 365 kits for my entire album. And I did start out with a layout using her “Project February” kit. But see that purple chair? And the bright blue Chevron sign? Those pictures were causing some serious color clashing problems with my design. So I jumped ship and chose to go with Lindsay Jane’s kit called “Unconditional Love” instead. The more muted colors really helped tone down all the bright clashing colors. I did keep Isabel’s awesome “February” word art (recolored ever so slightly to match the red in Lindsay’s kit) though.

Credits: “Project 365 – 2011 Edition” template by {Joey Lynn} Designs. “Unconditional Love” kit by Lindsay Jane. “Project February” by Isabel Mendez.

No comments: