Is there such a group? If so, I think I seriously need to join. I took a vacation day yesterday and attended the CK Convention that was in town. I took 5 classes in total (1 on Thursday night, and then 4 yesterday), and this year I focused them all on scrapbooking.
The first class I took was called "By the Seashore" and the blurb said something about teaching assembly line scrapbooking. I was intrigued by what that meant and I'm always looking for tricks to help me get caught up. (In reality, I could probably make some serious headway if I made a serious effort of just taking the time to do it.) The class ended up being one of those monthly kit club classes and they never did really explain what assembly line scrapbooking is. The only thing I figure is that the pages utilize full sheets of paper (12x12, 8.5x11, and photo mattes) and all cuts are made before you begin assembling. So in that sense, it does make putting the pages together go quickly. I'll have to admit when we first opened our boxes, I wasn't that enthused about the colors (browns and teals). But once the pages were put together, they were actually kind of cute. We completed 6 pages in an hour and then I was able to complete the additional 4 pretty quickly once I got home. So 5 2-page layouts to go into my stash ready for pictures. Big thumbs up.
Then yesterday I took the new Basic Grey class (love BG paper), a class called Fun & Flocked, a class by Storyteller's Club (I'll tell you more about this one in a second), and then A Taste of Scraptique. The Fun & Flocked class was interesting. I'm not a big glitter or embossing fan because they just seem to make too much of a mess. So I was curious if flock was any different. It wasn't quite as messy, but I also didn't leave the class thinking I needed to run out and buy lots of flock. Plus somebody asked the question about how safe flock is around pictures and the instructor didn't know. So for me, the jury is still out on this one.
Now let me tell you about Storyteller's Club. I stopped by their booth because they had a special where you could get 5 2-page layouts for free. I'm all about free and had to stop by their booth to check it out. Now mind you, I didn't make the connection that my next class was being taught by them. Oh my. I think I fell in love. The papers are beautiful and really nice quality. But more importantly, they have these monthly kits that give you enough supplies to make 14-16 layouts (in 4 different themes). They include some embellishments and lots of diecuts and it is only $26.95 plus shipping. This is right up my alley and it didn't take me long to sign up and get a really cool bag to store all of my kits. I walked out of there with 3 monthly kits (because they were selling prior month kits for $20, which I got an additional discount on), 5 free 2-page layouts, plus an additional free layout that was their make-n-take. I was in heaven and left to go to my next class.
So I'm sitting there waiting for the class to start, when in walks the gal (her name is escaping me at the moment) who I had just spent 15 minutes talking to in the Storyteller's Club booth. We chatted some more and she told me that because I signed up and was taking their class, I should have gotten 7 free 2-page layouts instead of the 5. Alright! More paper! But there was more - as part of the class, we got a full kit (now I'm up to 4) and everyone was entitled to a free 2-page layout from the booth. So when the class was over I had to go back down to get an additional 3 layout packs. Dang! I really wish I could remember her name. She is such a firecracker and I totally love her style of scrapbooking. And she has so many cool tips and tricks. I will definitely be taking their class again next year.
Do you have a visual yet of how much paper I now had in my new pretty purple suede bag? And that doesn't even include the Basic Grey and Piggy Tales paper I picked up. Oh my! Hence my need for Paperholics Anonymous.
No comments:
Post a Comment