Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Getting Inky with Tim Holtz

Hi there!  For the past couple of months, I’ve been taking a certification review course and last night was our final class.  Well, at least until we start up again in August.  It is such a good feeling to have it done.  And although I still have to keep studying until I take the exam in June, I now have some time back to hopefully put towards getting crafty.
 
And in anticipation of that extra time, I signed up for Tim Holtz’ “Creative Chemistry 101” class over at Online Card Classes.  Class started on Monday with Tim walking us through our first set of techniques yesterday.  I have to admit that I had/have some mixed feelings about the class – excitement mixed with some anxiety.  I’m not one who usually gets all inky and whatnot.  And we won’t mention my “need” for my artwork to look “perfect”.

But I am determined to keep an open mind and give it a try.  I had a little bit of time today, while waiting for my computer to run a battery check, and sat down to tackle the first three techniques.

March 21

Overall, I don’t think they turned out too bad.  I only have a handful of the Distress Inks, so I was kind of limited in my color combination.  But not to worry, I’ve got more on the way and thanks to Randy at Oozak, I should have them by the end of the week (Randy rocks when it comes to shipping – and he has good prices too).

Anyways…I now need to go watch today’s lesson.  So I’ll be back later this week to share more of what I learn.  Have a good night!

1 comment:

Creatique Candy said...

I Lurv your Tags ;) I think you did an awesome job with these. I'm also checking out the link you posted for more supply. The ones we did today were definitely very challenging for me to do, so I hear you on the perfection thing. HUGS