Sunday, March 25, 2012

More Creative Chemistry 101

I made it through the first week of Tim Holtz’ “Creative Chemistry 101” class.  I’ve learned so much about the different types of inks/stains and how they can work together.  And even better, is that if you have the right supplies on hand, you can actually create some pretty cool techniques in very little time.
Today, I’m sharing the tags I made using Distress Stains.

March 25

The three techniques were:  Stained Kraft Resist, Stamping with Stains, and Marbled Stains.  On the third tag, I also added some stain stamping to help lighten up my background a bit.

Hopefully, my alcohol inks will show up in the mail tomorrow so that I can go back and work on Day 3.  And then I need to order up some reinkers for the Day 4 techniques.  All in all, a pretty cool class.

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Very cool tags! I love the backgrounds you were able to achieve! This is such a fun class. Love that you shared your creations! Thank you.