Saturday, October 17, 2009

Gettin' My Scrap On

You ever have one of those weeks where you feel like you've been working hard on something, but yet have nothing to show for it? I'm feeling a little that way this morning. Pretty much every night this week, I've been in my "office" working on scrappy stuff. But I don't have any finished projects to share. Yet, anyways. I suppose I should cut myself a little slack, because I have been productive and I will get to reap the rewards of my efforts by the end of the day.

See, I've got big scrapping plans for today. A good friend is hosting one of her all day crops and I was determined to not let it go to waste. So much so, that I started my plan of attack almost a month ago - when I went through thousands of pictures (editing, cropping, and sending off to be printed). And then for the past week, I've been going through the printed pictures and selecting papers and sketches to go with them. I think I've got "packets" ready to complete 20+ pages already. And we'll see what I can throw together this morning before I need to head out the door.

As rewarding as it will be to complete all of those pages, I already feel like I "won". I discovered a organized/methodical process that I think will help me start making some headway in catching up on my scrap backlog.

  1. Edit pictures and be selective - I do not need to scrap every picture, much less print them off. Oh - and rename photos with the event and date since that will be printed on the back of the photo for you.
  2. Once the pictures come back, go through and match them up with papers. Use up the stash and don't forget about all of the pre-made layouts I have accumulating.
  3. Create layout packets - weed out additional pictures, pick a sketch and cut the papers. Try to pare each event down to a 2-page layout. And then put everything in a page protector until I have the time to put it all together.

Now, one thing I haven't done much of yet is plan for embellishments. My plan is to use my Cricut to cut out titles and shapes, etc. And like above, I want that to be a "project" that I do all at once. So, as I put my packets together today, I will be making notes of what is still needed. That should make it pretty easy to come back home and finish up.

So, there you go. It is suppose to pour down rain here all day - which sounds like the perfect time to spend the day indoors getting scrappy. And I'm really looking forward to seeing how all of my packets come together.

No comments: