I think I've mentioned that I am taking Jessica Sprague's "Digi-in-Deep" class. During the first week of the course, Jessica issued a challenge called "Intentions". If you chose to participate, you had to call out a project that you've always intended to complete (but haven't gotten around to it) and essentially "sign up" to complete that project be the end of the course. This challenge couldn't have come at a more appropriate time. I've found myself at a roadblock in my quest to catch up on my scrapbooking. See, I have never really had any methodical approach to how I scrap. Or at least as to WHAT I scrap. I've always just kind of printed off pictures that appealed to me at the time and gone from there. Well, you can probably imagine the pickle of a situation that has left me in. I am a point where I don't really know what I have scrapped versus not scrapped - not to mention the 100+ in-progress pages that I need finish.
So, my INTENTION, is to organize all of my photo folders (located in 3+ locations/drives) and then go through and catalog what is complete, in progress, printed, etc. This also includes deleting all those blurry/crappy pictures that will never get printed, much less scrapped. Why is it that we feel need to keep those anyways? I am happy to report that I've gone through 2 1/2 years worth of photos so far, from a clean up perspective. And I have to say that it was actually a little cathartic deleting all the stuff that I didn't need. I probably should have kept a tally of how much I deleted - but I was afraid if I looked, I might try to talk myself into keeping the stuff. The DID class is half over and I think I'm in a good position to finish what I intended. And I am really looking forward to having this all organized so that I can get my mojo going again with my scrapbooking.
For any of you readers that would like to partake - I challenge you to pick an "intention" and strive to complete it by the end of April. Feel free to post your intentions as a comment. It is fun to read what others would like to get done - not to mention that it may strike a chord and remind you of something you've always been meaning to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment