Then there were stamps. I never really had an interest in stamping because I just didn't want to deal with my self-imposed frustration over whether something was stamped perfectly or not. And with wood-mounted stamps, I just didn't think I had shot. But then I found CTMH and their fabulous acrylic stamps. I got to learn how easy stamping could be and I have since built a varied stamp collection that includes acrylic, foam mounted, and wood mounted stamps. And I love how stamping allows me to color and has inspired Miss B to stamp and color.
Lastly, there is digital scrapbooking. I thought there was no way I would be interested in this medium. In part because I love my paper. But also because I sit in front of a computer all day for my day job. It just didn't seem like a good idea to take up a hobby that would have me sit in front of a computer screen even more. Then along comes Jessica Sprague and her top-notch online classes. I just finished her "Up & Running" class and I am excited about all of the cool things I learned, as well as how quick and easy it can be. I don't think I'll convert 100% over to digital, but it is definitely fun to play with. And who knows, maybe as more time goes by, I may change my mind on this too.
Now I don't usually share any of my finished layouts of Miss B online. But I love how this last digital layout turned out that I am going to break my rule. This was the final layout from Jessica's U&R class. I still need to add in journaling - although in some respects, I think it looks just fine without. So I'll have to mull that one over.

And there you have it. Never say never because you just might surprise yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment