Monday, February 2, 2009

The Cabin Effect

First off, I apologize for the lack of posts this past week. Things got a little hectic and other than prepping for Friday's card club, I didn't get much other papercrafting done. This past weekend, I had hoped to try and catch up on my Jessica Sprague digital scrapbooking classes. I'm still working on finishing "Up & Running", and haven't even started on "Now We're Rockin'" (which is now halfway over already). But unfortunately, I didn't make a whole lot of headway. These classes are not something I can do while trying to entertain Miss B at the same time.

We also had to make an emergency trip to cabin this past weekend to make sure a pipe hadn't burst from all of the cold weather and snow we got around Christmas and New Years (the PUD bill looked out of whack considering we hadn't been down there since Thanksgiving). Thankfully, everything was in tack when we got there. And Curt did a little research and found out that PUD will estimate the bill if they are unable to read the meter. We're thinking there was still too much snow on the ground when it came time to do the read - hence billing us an estimate. Curt gave them a quick call today and they are suppose to send someone out to read the meter and get back to us. Hopefully there isn't a broken pipe underground somewhere.

I will say, however, that is was nice to get down to the cabin. There is this "cabin effect" as I like to call it down there. Where life comes to a screeching slow down. I haven't quite been able to figure it out, but going down there usually means that I will fall asleep at some ghastly early hour. And I'm not talking about just taking a nap - I'm talking about one of those deep, restful sleeps. I kid you not, when I say that I fell asleep shortly after 8:00 on Saturday night. And I will sleep until normal wake up time the next day. At home, I'm lucky if I get more than 6 hours of sleep at night. It is very weird. Relaxing, but weird.

Anyways, I hope to have more artwork to post this week - so stay tuned. Have a great week!

No comments: