Sunday, September 21, 2008

Some Things Happen (or Don't Happen) for a Reason

I am so stoked! Okay, maybe I wasn't so stoked to start off with. See, last Sunday evening, I went to Target for the sole purpose of getting display boards to prep for my upcoming crop. However, the family wanted to come along and we ended up getting everything but my display boards. Which was the sole purpose of going in the first place. So all week, I've been meaning to stop and get them. And everytime I went to a store that had them, I, of course, forgot.

Fast forward to this weekend. Last night, I went to Staples (by myself) to get my display boards. Mission accomplished. But as I started to walk back to the cash register, they had this beautiful black-finish apothecary table. This is THE type of table I have had visions of someday having in my craft room. So I venture over to take a closer look and fall in love. But wait - that isn't the best part. When I looked at the price tag, it was marked down to $69.50! Normal price was marked as $261 something. That's almost $200 off!!! Can I just tell you how excited I was? Not that I have a place to put it at the moment. But it was $200 off!!! I couldn't let it go. So I bought it and told them I'd be back to pick it up.

Here's a picture of what it looks like. The table top has two pieces that fold out to make it wider.

Photobucket

When I got home, I told Curt about my find and about how excited I was. He gave me a funny look or two, but told me we could pick it up today after the Seahawks game. Now, mind you, at this point, he has no idea what I've gotten us into. And secretly, I don't think he was totally on board with it. Until... we got it home and it got to take a good look at it. He admitted that he thought it was going to be some piece of particle board furniture. And he agreed that for the price, it was a smart move to get it. So, it is home and sitting in our front parlor. Too bad tomorrow is Monday and I have to fly out of town for work. Otherwise, I would be home cleaning out our spare bedroom (aka my scrap room) to make room for my new table. Maybe I can convince Curt that my scrap room needs to be downstairs instead. Then we wouldn't have to haul the table up the stairs. Hmmm...I don't think he'll go for it. But a girl can dream.

Anyways, the moral of my story. Apparently there was a reason why I kept forgetting to buy my display boards. Because if I had bought them earlier in the week, I would have never found my new table.

Have a great week!

No comments: