First up, are Foodles by Crunchpak.
Miss B and I ran across these a couple of months ago at Target (she likes the one with grapes instead of pretzels). These things are genius – perfectly portioned cups of apples, cheese, and pretzels. And super easy to throw in my bag when I head to work in the morning. A couple of downsides though - they are a little spendy for a snack; they can be hard to find; and we’ve only come across the two varieties. I would love to see and try some of the other varieties. But overall, these are a winner and are pretty much a daily staple in my routine.
Next up is Lean Cuisine’s Spinach Artichoke Dip.
For just 200 calories, you get a small bowl of the dip with a half a fresh pita pocket. This is so yummy. I did try adding come fresh crab meat to the dip, but it just didn’t quite work for me. So I’vegone back to leaving it plain. The other day, however, I ran across pretzel dinner rolls at Target. Oh my word – the pretzel roll is an even better accompaniment to the dip than the pita. So I highly recommend checking these out.
And the last one for today is Lean Cuisine’s Fajita-style Chicken Spring Rolls.
For each 200 calorie serving, you get 3 small, crispy spring rolls. These are tasty, as well as have a little bit of zing to spice things up a bit. Probably not something that I'll choose as a regular, but definitely good enough to keep on hand when I need a little extra punch.
So by having some “exciting” snacks to help get me through the day, I find it easier to stick to salads and other lighter fare for lunch. And my “cheating” has cut way back. And that all helps to lead to success on the scale. Have a great day and leave a comment if you know of other satisfying snacks that you think I should try (I’m trying to keep snacks to 100-200 calories).
No comments:
Post a Comment