Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Card

Whenever I am blog surfing and I see cards that I like, I save a copy of the picture and tag it with the person's name so that I can duly recognize them. And when I'm looking for some mojo, I peruse my files of these said pictures looking for some inspiration. This "Happy Birthday" card was one such picture that I knew I just had to replicate. The color scheme is a little different - the original design by Emilee Smith was much more vibrant and eye catching. But I'm still pleased with how my version came out.



Some of you make recognize the "patterned" paper - it was a piece of random stamped paper I made using the Tickled Pink promotion that CTMH offered last year. I've been trying really hard to use supplies I have on hand - so this card was a perfect opportunity to use some of this paper I made.

Products used (all CTMH unless noted): Tickled Pink and Say It In Style stamp sets, Dutch Blue and White Daisy cardstock, Blush, Dutch Blue, Sweet Leaf, Sunflower, Bamboo, and Black inks, and PTI Spring Rain ribbon.

No comments: