Saturday, July 7, 2012

Yet Another Convention Studio J Layout

Here is layout #3 of the CTMH Convention Studio J layouts.  The techniques taught were:  adding a photo mat with a journal box, using letters as embellishments, adding “tabs” of cardstock with journal boxes, creating a title using multiple journal boxes, and using a My Stickease image to create a border.

image

As you will see, I deviated quite a bit on this layout – but that is the beauty of Studio J.  You can easily start with one thing and convert it to something else by changing out the papers and/or changing the colors.

cwaymireconv2012-3

The original layout was pretty much all cardstock based, whereas I chose to use the Florentine paper kit.  I wanted a little more “texture” to my background.  I think my favorite technique on this layout was being able to use journal boxes to create “tabs” of cardstock. 

All in all, this layout may have turned out to be a little “plainer” that I may have wanted, but I was running out of time to get it submitted and my brain just wasn’t cooperating with ideas for those finishing touches.  I guess I’ll have to wait to see it in person (just a few more days) and then decide if I need to add some additional embellishments to it.

No comments: