Sunday, July 29, 2012

Back Home

Ok – so technically, I’ve been back home for about a week.  But let me tell you, it took me all of the past week to get back into the groove of things.  Where did I go, you ask?  Well, let me tell you.

The first week I was gone, I went to Dallas, TX to attend my first ever Close to My Heart convention.  What a treat and cool experience – pretty amazing to see 1,000+ ladies (and gents) all in a room cheering and celebrating.  And CTMH never ceases to amaze me with the wonderful products and programs that they come out with.  Let’s just say that I am pretty stoked about the new Fall/Winter catalog that goes live on August 1st.

Here’s a picture from opening day right before everything fully kicked off.

058

It was a jam-packed couple of days, but well worth the trip.  And Curt and Miss B tagged along for the trip.  It was really nice to be able to kick back with them at the end of each day.

037

At the end of convention, I had to send Curt and Miss B back to Seattle while I continued on to Atlanta for a week-long work trip.  This back-to-back trip is probably the longest I have ever been away from home.  And I’m not so sure I would do it again.  I like the comforts of home.  And I definitely prefer the mid-70s/non humid weather of the PNW.

With that said, Atlanta wasn’t all work.  We capped the week off with a private outdoor concert with Maroon 5 and Bon Jovi. 

WP_000455

Wow – what a night! A truly amazing evening. Even when it started pouring down rain. And I do mean pouring. We got completely drenched. But it just seemed perfect.  My only wish is that I had been able to get more and better pictures than what I got.

No comments: