Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunshine

It is amazing how a day of nice, warm sunshine can make all seem right in the world again. This past week has been a little off-sorts and then busy to boot. It started last Saturday night when we came back from dinner to find a police car parked in front of our neighbor's house. It was worrisome, in and of itself, because we had been outside talking with them before we went to dinner. So our minds were trying to comprehend what might have happened in the short time we were gone. Well, it turns out that their house had been broken into. The good news is that they were not home at the time and not much was taken. But the bad news is that this is the second break-in in our little cul-de-sac in less than a month. Everyone keeps saying that break-ins are on the rise right now, given the economy. But is that really suppose to make me feel any better or safer? Now every little sound has me on edge and I worry about whether we will be hit next. As for the rest of our week, we had to juggle busy work schedules (budget season for me) and being sick. Miss B had it first. A stomach bug of some sort that resulted in a lot of loads of laundry. Poor girl. Thankfully, she rebounded pretty quickly (as usual). I got it the next day and then midweek, it turned into a nasty cold. Curt seems to be holding it at bay, although he did say he wasn't feeling that great last night. So we'll see how he feels today.

I also have to share a funny story about Miss B's school (or at least I thought it was a little funny). Normally, Curt picks her up - but I managed to leave a little early on Friday, so I told him I would pick her up. When I walked in, I see two of the gals/teachers sitting at the front desk cutting circles out of this big sheet of cardstock. Of course, being the crafty person that I am (and not to mention all of the tools/gadgets that I have), I immediately tell them that they need a punch and that they should have asked me for help. I could have easily whipped those circles out on the Cricut. I can only imagine how long it took them to cut them all by hand. I immediately offered to finish the project for them this weekend, but they politely declined. They did, however, ask if I had any stamps with the number 1. Ha ha - that is a good one. Needless to say, I will be taking them some stamping supplies tomorrow morning.

If you made it this far, I do have some cards to upload and share. Last weekend, I got an opportunity to make some cards using the new "Wishes" book. This book is awesome and I look forward to trying out more of the designs. Hope you all are having a great weekend! I definitely plan on getting outside again today. Sunny, warm - mid 70s. How could I not? Plus with the good weather, it is a great opportunity for me to get out and catch up on my photography class homework.

No comments: