Monday, July 28, 2008

Houston, we have garbage!

I am happy to report that I had a nice full waste basket for my husband to empty last night. Most of the cards I created were from C.C. Designs July "Sweet Treats" Card Kit , designed by Christine Wooden. I thought this kit was such a great deal! It came with the "Sweet Treats" stamp set, 10 sheets of cardstock, 6 sheets of patterned paper, ribbon, brads, gems, a glitter pen and instructions on how to make 5 cards. I've replicated 3 of the cards and let me tell you, there is plenty of paper left over to make more than the 5 cards shown.

I also want to throw in a huge kudos to All That Scraps. I was so looking forward to my stamps arriving and they showed up around 3:00 on a Friday afternoon. Unfortunately, my package only had the stamp set from the card kit - no paper or other goodies. Since it was Friday afternoon, I knew I had to call right away. Otherwise I would have waited all the way until Monday. And to my surprise (due to the time difference), not only did I get ahold of someone, I was told that the rest of the kit would be sent out right away. Now I should comment that I thought I was going to be told I was out of luck, because this kit was very popular and sold out. So fast forward to the next week. My kit arrived, and ATS had thrown in a couple of COPIC markers for my "trouble". I was stoked just to be getting the paper, so this was a totally unexpected surprise. And what is even better is they sent me colors that I didn't have, but needed to buy. I'm just lovin' the customer service at ATS.

Now that I've babbled on about how great ATS is, how about I show you the 3 cards I put together using Christine's designs and instructions.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As much as I love my COPIC markers, I did choose to use my Koh-I-Noor colour pencils and Goo Gone to do my coloring. As I try to figure out the whole shading thing, I find it is a little easier to do (okay, maybe a lot easier) with colored pencils than with my COPICs. Hope you like them.

No comments: