Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for the weekend. My new job is running me a little ragged – what with having to learn a whole new scope of work, it being an overly busy time of the year, and a longer commute. But despite the stress I may feel during the day just trying to keep up, I come home with a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction. There isn’t a doubt in my mind, that making this change has been/will be a good thing. And I know that things will get easier as I get up to speed and can take some control back over my work-life balance. So bear with me, I do have plans to get more crafty again. But things may be sporadic between now and the end of the year.

Let’s get to this week’s Friday Favorites.

Vicki (Wizard’s Hangout) – it’s probably no surprise that Miss Vicki is showing up in this week’s FF episode. She had some serious creative mojo going on this past week and I’ll be highlighting two different projects. First up is THIS card. I see so much versatility – it is a really beautiful holiday card, but with the sentiment she used, it makes a great non-holiday occasion card too! And the second project is THIS super cute card holder book. I am totally going to case this for my stamp club swap next week.

Jessica Sprague – there are a few things that I’d like to highlight over at Jessica Sprague. First up is her month long 20% off sale. If you’ve been wanting to learn how to digital scrap, now is the perfect time to sign up for classes, what with the discount and all. And it isn’t just the classes that are on sale. Everything in the store is on sale. Woo Hoo! Which leads me to the second thing I wanted to highlighted.

Remember that Wintertime paper from Echo Park that Vicki used on her projects and that I loved so much. Check THIS out! Echo Park is selling a digital version of that paper at JS. Color me excited!!!!! And there are TWO coordinating element packs to go with it!

Julee (Poetic Artistry) – check out THIS card that Julee made. I love the color combination and the simple, but yet elegance of the card. Verve is having a stamp release tonight, so I may need to go check out that little bird stamp. I also really like THESE gift card holders that she featured. When you think about all the different shapes of nestabilities, just think of all the gift holder cards you could make.

Melissa (Just Dandy) – Melissa was back to posting this week and I especially liked THESE cute little felt ornaments she made. They look easy enough to make and would be super cute hanging from the tree.

Becky (Inking Idaho) – and check out THESE ornament tags that Becky made. I’m always amazed at what people come up with when they pull out their punches.

Well, that wraps it up for this week. Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: